Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)These things are HEAVY and when I watched "Gamer" on my iPhone with these VUZIX Wrap 310XL my nose was sore within the first hour. It was a real struggle to make it to the end of the 2-hour movie.
I fiddled with the nose/bridge piece as much as possible but nothing helped.
I believe this finding is mostly related to the shear weight of these "glasses"
While I was wearing them, I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Yikes! They do not look like "glasses" at all, actually more like goggles that stick out from my face and eyes >2cm.
I read the manufacturer's description before purchasing and the VUZIX company declares "no problem for people who wear corrective lenses" I beg to differ, in fact the only way I could watch was without my glasses.
Not a huge problem because there are adjustable diopters (right & left) +2 to -5, but unlike previous generations...the adjustment is done with a small jeweler's screwdriver (included) in lieu of the previous thumbwheels.
Once it's all setup and customized for me, the glasses are easily linked up with the Apple iPod or iPhone. Of course, finding the video requires removing the WRAP 310XL.
The earbuds fit comfortably and they have some small level of exterior noise cancellation too. The volume is more than adequate inside my home and outside too, sorry...have not tried airplane yet.
Sadly, the image resolution is lacking and this surprises me as we are now in the "Hi-Def" era* (see below) The resolution is only 428 x 240 WQVGA (really sad) and that's 24-bit. The scan update rate is 60Hz (also kinda lame).
The most impressive viewing came at night in total darkness, the absence of surrounding ambient light makes a noticeable difference.
What's in the box:
-VUZIX Wrap 310XL
-Apple iPod/iPhone adapter cable
-composite A/V cable (red, white, yellow)
-1 AA alkaline battery
-soft carry pouch
-extra hypoallergenic nosepiece
-3 sets of earbuds (small, medium & large)
-2 cable management clips
-1 jeweler's screwdriver
-manual
*the VUZIX company offers a WRAP 920 that yields a higher resolution at 640 x 480 (still 60Hz and still 24-bit) with a MSRP $349. The yet-to-be-released WRAP VR1200 will have 852 x 480 (60Hz and 24-bit).
Click Here to see more reviews about: Vuzix Wrap 310XL Widescreen Video Iwear Eyewear Glasses
Click here for more information about Vuzix Wrap 310XL Widescreen Video Iwear Eyewear Glasses
0 comments:
Post a Comment