Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I have been using my YH820 for about 2 months now. I think it is a great value for the money.
Pros:
5 Gb for $200. For now, that is a good deal and certainly a value when you consider the other features the 820 provides
Unlike previous reviewers, I had absolutely no problems getting my unit to synch with Windows Media Player. Select your files and send them to your Synch list, then Synch now, and the files get pushed over. I didn't load NAPSTER, as I don't want 3rd party apps cluttering my PC. Originally I didn't load the Samsung software either, but then I had problems getting the JPGs to show correctly after a direct file transfer via filesystem (not saying that it can't be done, its just easier with the native Samsung software)
Accessible via file system (technical saavy required)
Battery life is satisfactory, about 6-7 hours.
Color LCD and ability to display JPGs and slide shows
Unit has a Line-in, and is capable of recording/ripping from external sources (have a portable CD player, and you dont need a pc to rip songs to your device)
SAMSUNG claims that the software and features are upgradeable on the player, as well as 3rd party apps, but I have yet to see any released software or updates.
CONS
Color LCd, still too small to really enjoy the pictures
Proprietary USB connection integrated into charger. Would have liked a standard micro USB connector.
LOOOONG start up time
Hard drive is formatted with FAT32. Over time, this will prove to be a problem as the file system degenerates.
Takes way too long to synch/xfer files. My first synch was 4.5 GB and took hours.
Overall, I think its great for the price and as a bonus, you get to view pictures (would have been nice to be able to watch WMV's) and record. I bought it and would recommend it to anyone.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Samsung YH-820MC 5 GB Digital Audio Player
Samsung's Micro Jukebox And Photo Album provides an incredible all-in-one digital entertainment system that tops anything currently on the market. The 1.6 inch color LCD screen displays 65,000 colors - bringing your digital photos to vibrant, colorful life. Measuring a trim 2 by 3 inches and less than an inch thick, it still holds 5GB of pictures and music. The player supports MP3, WMA, and secure DRM formats and can be used as a portable hard drive for transferring large files. It's perfect lightweight exercise companion, too.Dimensions(WxHxD) -50 x 88.3 x 14 mm (1.97 x 3.47 x 0.55)
Click here for more information about Samsung YH-820MC 5 GB Digital Audio Player
0 comments:
Post a Comment