RCA TH1814 4 GB MP3 Player with Flipout USB and Display Review

RCA TH1814 4 GB MP3 Player with Flipout USB and Display
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I bought this yesterday(July 2 2011) and spent about an hour today messing with it before I decided to do things my way. at first glance it looks great,
usb built in flip out which means no cables.
comes with standard earbuds.
4gb capacity(3.7 if you look closer)
comes with software.
first major problem is the software. Requires your player to be connected(not through a hub but directly to the computer so that the software can detect it) as you install the software(located inside the player itself). This fraustrated me as I didn't figure this out for a good 20mins(I use all my usb ports and have 2 hubs). Creating playlists was crap. It wouldn't load a set of files with track numbers in the right order(no option to even sort by track numbers. Sending it to the player itself took forever, after reading so much about taking advantage of usb2.0 on the box/install notes this was disappointing. This may be because it was creating the playlist at the same time as sorting each mp3 into an artist folder and an album folder and more config files
I decided to treat the player like a shuffle. drop my mp3s into the music folder, set the playmode to shufflerepeatall and thats that. this is great because transfering straight to the drive was faster than the software. I don't even have to deal with multiple folders, its just a music folder with all the mp3s in it. With 4gbs to work with i could probably fit 1200 songs, i use 128kb joint stereo mp3 saves me on space keeps great quality.
I'm no audiophile so all I can say was the headphones work fine so far I keep the volumn at 15(out of 31) and I hear my songs just fine.(normalizing the tracks helps with this.
The interface is a simple, play/pause button are also the power on/off. mode button switches between repeatone,repeatall,shufflerepeatall, just shuffle, or just normal play. volumn and skip controls are near each other, its easy to feel which button to press but having big fingers I sometimes hit the wrong one heh. there's a lock button near the headphone jack so you don't accidentally hit any of the other buttons. Trying to skip to a certain playlist was horrible(manual says it skips artists then skips playlists. I had to skip dozens of artists before it hit the playlist: completely bad.) Like I said earlier i just treated it like a shuffle and did away with playlists, its too much hassle.
The USB flip out is great as holding onto extra lines is inconvenient. you can jump on any computer and just add songs to your player on the fly, really great if you're not at home and your friend has a song you've been wanting.
the only thing i'd have wanted was an armband accessory of somekind but that may add more to the price.
Overall its a good backup 4GB mp3 player for the 20-30usd you may drop for it. It uses a AAA battery that they claim lasts 30hours. I plan on testing this to see. I'll update on wear and tear as well as the battery status at various volumn settings.

Click Here to see more reviews about: RCA TH1814 4 GB MP3 Player with Flipout USB and Display

4 GB MEMORY HOLDS 1,200 SONGS; NAVIGATION DISPLAY; PLAYS MP3 & WMA MUSIC FILES; RCA EASYRIP(TM) MEDIA SOFTWARE; 30 HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE; INCLUDES AAA BATTERY & EARBUD HEADPHONES

Buy Now

Click here for more information about RCA TH1814 4 GB MP3 Player with Flipout USB and Display

0 comments:

Post a Comment