Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Pros: Simple to use, fantastic sound quality, nice and compact, keeps me from becoming an iTool.
Cons: No button lock function, a little explanation on how to import video would've been EXTREMELY useful.
Let's get one thing straight: I did not want an iPod. I did not want to be stuck using iTunes for every damn function when a simple drag and drop will suffice. All I wanted was an MP3 player that I could plug in, move music to it, and that would be the end of it.
That said, this is a fantastic little MP3 player. I finally was forced to get a new one since my original 4GB Zen model from 2004 finally died (mournful taps plays off in the distance). The onboard speaker is actually quite potent even when the volume is maxed, and the microphone does a pretty fine job itself when you have use for it. The navigation buttons (the square setup towards the bottom of the player) are responsive and aren't finicky to deal with. The other buttons have a good click to them as well - my one main concern is the choosing to have the play/pause button as the power toggle as well. It being the most used button out of all of them, I can foresee it being worn out in a hurry.
On the cons listed above: the buttons actually take just enough pressure to engage them, so carrying the thing in your pocket won't present a constant "oops" factor, but it would've been nice to lock them with a switch anyway. As for the video import, that requires some software freely available from the Creative website. But let's be honest, anyone trying to watch videos on a screen that's barely 1 inch by 1 inch is either trying to become permanently cross-eyed or feels they're not getting every cent out of their contact/glasses prescription.
Ah, yes, and let's not forget the storage capacity. I have a music collection that takes up... ok, one complete hard drive. But do I need to carry around the entire collection everywhere I go? Absolutely not. 8GB is more than enough to throw my favorite albums/bands/tunes on and listen to it on the go.
Final Word: If you have need for a light on the frills, heavy on the music and easy to use and transport MP3 player, this is it. It's a music player, and that's all it really needs to be.
ADDENDUM:
I should also mention that the earbuds this product comes with are worthless... but such is the nature of earbuds. I, myself, prefer to combine the Zen with some clip on headphones from Sony that I've had for years. Those headphones also have the added wonderment of a retractable cord into each clip, but I digress. Don't judge the sound quality of the Zen based on the earbuds.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Creative Zen Style 300 16 GB MP3 and Video Player (Black)
Experience pure music and start your own fashion trend with the ZEN Style 300 - available in three capacities: 4GB, 8GB and 16GB. Featuring a sleek and bold design with minimal buttons, this tiny wonder will never go out of style. Playback your precious memories in detail and clarity on its 1.8" screen while enjoying your favorite tracks. Features include plug and play, a built-in speaker and even a FM radio! You are able to share and influence others or be the live wire of any party with your tasteful sense of fashion and truly stand out of the crowd.There's more! The ZEN Style 300 is so lightweight you won't even know you have it on you and you would still be able to update yourself on the latest trendy spots and fashion wear. With such distinctive and dynamic features, there is no other worthy of comparison. Have a personal sense of fashion and style with the ZEN Style 300. Relish in one now.
Click here for more information about Creative Zen Style 300 16 GB MP3 and Video Player (Black)
0 comments:
Post a Comment