Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I got this for a bargain price of $38, and so therefore wasn't expecting much. I usually list the good/bad for an item so here goes:
Can't be used when recharging.
Automatically dims and turns off the LCD display when playing long videos. doesn't have a "keep on" function I've found so far.
Scratches very easy.
Requires syncing with Windows Media Player to have files work. You can copy them directly onto it but then you get a license error message.
Buttons are a little strange, I don't think it's a matter of pushing them hard enough as it is waiting for it to respond.
Battery is built in and non-removable without taking it apart.
My biggest gripe is you have to transcode any sort of video file to get it to work, which took me a few steps to figure out. The software enclosed with it is not very impressive but works.
Flat sound, strong mid-range but no bass to speak of.
Aside from that it's a generic audio/video player. I haven't given it the official wring out and don't plan to. It's fragile and doesn't look like it would stand up to being tossed around in a pocket or run for hours and hours on end.
If it dies on me in a short time I'll update my review, but so far it looks like a serviceable but not stellar product.
********************************************
Be wary if trying to update the firmware on this thing. I followed the instructions on holding the power switch "on" when plugging in the USB cable and it locked itself into I guess a maintenance mode. For all appearances it was dead and wouldn't turn on, but would still recognize as a "failed device" when hooked up to the computer. Only several hours later then the battery was nearly depleted did I get it to restart. Needless to say I'm leaving it alone.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Memorex MMP9008 8GB USB 2.0 MP4/MP3/ FM/Voice w/2.4" LCD (Black)
0 comments:
Post a Comment