UWaterG2 100% Waterproof MP3 Player - Metallic Ice White Review

UWaterG2 100% Waterproof MP3 Player - Metallic Ice White
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Well, I was torn between 4 and 5 stars for reasons given below but ended up with 5.
DELIVERY
I went for the second day shipping option and it did arrive on the second day, so that's good(!)WHAT YOU GET
The player
Earphones (4-pole 2.5mm)
Various buds of different sizes
Charge/data cable (connects to USB port and appears as a standard removable driver - no software needed - for Windows at least)
Earphone extension cord
Instructions
Nice little mesh bag
and (on special offer when I ordered it)
Car lighter power supply with two full size USB sockets. This is great since I needed one anyway for my cellphone.QUALITY
The player worked just fine. Unfortunately the left earphone was faulty and would stop working after about 5 minutes underwater. I sent an email to the vendor and asked if they would send me a new set. I was worried that I would have to return everything and wait a few weeks to get a replacement - this would have meant the second day shipping was pointless. I got a response within 48 hours and they sent me a new set of earphones. I tried them today and they worked just fine. So I'm a happy camper.INSTRUCTIONS
These were adequate enough to get the player charged and put some files on it. There is some confusion with which file system should be used (FAT vs FAT32). An online document states FAT but in fact FAT32 is needed (perhaps this is OS dependent?)USE
Very easy to use once you have your files on it. The controls are no-frills which really isn't an issue. A play/pause button, volume up/down, next/previous track and fast forward/rewind. Tracks are played in two ways: randomly or strictly by creation date. i.e., the order than the files were written to the player. I'll explain how I get the albums on with the tracks in the right order later.
I attach the player to the back of my goggles rather than the side and use the clear silicone ribbed buds. Years ago I was told that my ear canals had an unusual shape. Because of this, earpieces tend to come out easily so I have a latex swim cap that comes down far enough to help keep the phones in place. I think normal people (!) won't need to do this. I start the player and swim. During the swim I don't need to use the controls. That's it.EXPERIENCE
It really is quite an experience hearing your favorite tunes while swimming along. For a 40+ minute swim, it is great. Coupled with a simple lap counter, the tedium is gone. The sound quality is surprisingly good. Out of the water things sound a bit shrill but in the water things are much better. I think the noise of the water reduces the higher frequencies and there's even some bass. Given the price and the purpose, I cannot complain. Make sure you plan ahead - get the player situated, cue up the first track you want to listen to or select random play. Because of my odd ear canals, some water occasionally gets in which muffles the sound but that's easily remedied. During a mile swim I only had to make adjustments two or three times and only for the left side. FWIW, I only swim breast so cannot say how things would be with other strokes.LOADING THE MUSIC
The player is very primitive. All the songs have to be in one folder (in fact there is only one "folder") and for non-random play, the songs are played strictly in the order (time) that you write them rather than, say, alphabetically. On my Windows PC I have each album in its own folder. What I do is open the parent folder for all the albums and then do a Windows search for all .mp3 files in the subfolders. This produces a single list of all the mp3 files. I sort the list by album name (either from the folder path name or the Album attribute for the tracks). Typically, each track on an album starts with a two digit number according to track order). For an entire album, I click on the first track and then shift-click the last one. I then drag the selected files to the UWaterG2. Sometimes the last track will be written first (it's a Windows thing). If that happens delete the track and then drag just it again onto the player. I do this for each album in the order I want to listen to them. Because navigation is so basic, there's not much point in loading your entire collection since you'll be there forever advancing one track at a time to get to the one you want. I've been putting perhaps up to 5 (for random play) or just two if I want to listen to them in order. It's no big deal.
Hope this helps.


Click Here to see more reviews about: UWaterG2 100% Waterproof MP3 Player - Metallic Ice White



Buy NowGet 24% OFF

Click here for more information about UWaterG2 100% Waterproof MP3 Player - Metallic Ice White

0 comments:

Post a Comment