Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)The design of the playback unit seems to be OK. When I swam with it I had no leaking issues, however one time when I adjusted the ear buds I got a bit of water in. Enough to make one of the speakers stop working. However taking it out and lightly tapping the water out fixed this.
I'm an avid user of in-ear headphones. I use them daily for practicing drums and listening to music. I also use them when I play out. I own many different pairs of IEM (in ear monitors). Shure, Sennheiser, OSP...
The sound quality of the headphones provided with this product is a joke. It's absolutely horrible sounding to anyone who has any sense of how things should sound. The best I can describe it is like listening through a cardboard box that has a tiny 1" speaker in it. Over emphasized mid-range, no bass, and peaks of treble around 12k.
When swimming with them today (I've only used them once) I didn't find them too fatiguing. I should note I played them at a VERY low volume level, just enough to make it audible over the water/breathing noises.
The questions I still have to answer is A. will they give you a headache and ear fatigue over time? B. Is it better than listening to nothing?
I should note I loaded up a 8GB card with 320kbit 44khz MP3s when I did my sound quality test.
However on a positive note, the unit sounded decent when I connected different (non included) headphones I own to the charger adapter.
So I'm 50/50 with these things. I wish they put a better speaker in the headphones.
EDIT:
Ok, so now it's been a few months. I swim 3 times a week for an hour at a time. Everything is still working. My only complaint is the sound quality; while not awesome I can now say it's better than nothing. And no major ear fatigue from the harsh treble which is surprising.
-David
Click Here to see more reviews about: Intova H2OMan Swim 8 GB Waterproof MP3 Player (Black/Blue)
Click here for more information about Intova H2OMan Swim 8 GB Waterproof MP3 Player (Black/Blue)
0 comments:
Post a Comment