Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)My needs (well 'wants') in a portable MP3 player were pretty specific.
Small, flash based, regular battery powered, MP3/WMA, durable, expandable, drag 'n drop, inexpensive.
The C100 in most respects covers all these and even includes some bonus stuff. First off, I'm replacing a Rio Chiba 256MB with this one. While the Rio was nice and suited my needs the lack of Drag 'n Drop was the reason it went up on eBay. Since I travel a lot, having to deal with installing and uninstalling the proprietary software was just too big of a pain. I tried both Rave-MP 256 and the Lexar L600 512MB, both of which were returned for various reasons. As it stands now, I'll be keeping the C100.
*Pros
Expandability. Even though the package says it will only take a 512MB SD card I gambled and put in a 1GB PQI card and, drum roll please, IT WORKED! I now have 1.2GB (395 WMA songs) loaded up and ready to play!
Sound quality is excellent (as are most Creative products) with plenty of volume (goes up to 25).
The supplied headphones (yes, you read correctly!) are great! First thing I do with any MP3 player is trash the enclosed headphones and plug in my Sonys. The supplied headphones are not only comfortable and durable but they sound fantastic with a thumping bass I could never get from my Sonys!
The case (while a little larger than I'd like it) is very durable and splashproof.
The rubberized outer casing and armband are comfortable and solid.
Battery life is good, not great, but good at about 14-15 hours.
FM radio. It sounds good and picks up local stations strong.
*Cons
The joystick/button pad, while easy to figure out, is a bit too stiff and plasticky feeling. It works it just doesn't feel like great quality.
Memory usage. The C100 doesn't pool all the memory together. You have to manually tell it you want to play songs from internal or external memory.
Random play. As far as I can tell the random play only works within folders. It won't randomly play a song from the pool of
395 songs.
Folder/Song viewing. You can select any folder you want for playing but you can't look inside the folder and see the individual songs. Kinda weird - maybe I just missed some setting somewhere as other Creative products have this ability.
Price. I got it considerably cheaper that the current Amazon price. Just gotta do a little on-line price comparisons but it seems well worth $70.00 I paid.
Overall I'm pleased with it and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone with needs similar to mine. The firmware is upgradeable and I'm hoping future releases will fix the memory/random and folder viewing issues.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Creative Muvo Sport C100 256 MB MP3 Player
Creative Muvo C100 includes Creative MuVo C100 Player / Pair of splash-proof stereo headphones / Neck strap / Armband & case / AAA Battery / Quick start guide / Installation CD / 1 year limited hardware warranty with 90 day service An incredibly easy to use MP3/WMA Player, the MuVo C100 is rugged and splash-proof with outstanding features such as a memory expansion slot, FM radio and stop watch.Host powered when downloading MP3 WMA files from a PC through USB connectivity port Size -WxHxD -2.4 x 3.1 x 0.8 / Weight -1.9oz (w/o battery), 2.3oz (with battery)
Click here for more information about Creative Muvo Sport C100 256 MB MP3 Player
0 comments:
Post a Comment