Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)This media player comes with 4GB of space. It has a nice feature set:
Touch screen interface, fm radio, recorder, video, mp3 and other music formats, and text file handling. It also features a calculator and calendar.
The included usb cable is the only means of charging - hooking it to a computer. The player goes into a mode where it's a USB storage device and the unit can't be used while connected, whether just charging or moving files. There is no media manager or calendar sync software of any sort with the unit.
The screen was sluggish and not very response. I frequently had to select an action several times before it would take effect. This is MUCH worse than my Samsung touch screen phone or iPod touch. At the low price of this unit I don't expect the same quality of use. I also don't expect it to aggravate me into wanting to punch my finger through the screen. I did refrain.
I should say after my initial impression I went through the screen calibration and that was a frustration in exercise. Maybe this is a defective unit? It seemed the bottom of the screen is less sensitive than the top by quite a bit.
When I had it plugged into my computer I tried to play some of the mp3 sample files on my computer using windows media player. This is using the latest version in XP SP3 and fully updated. Bummer - windows media player got hung-up on the 2nd file I tried to listen to and forced a hard (hold the power button in) restart. I don't know what caused this and I didn't want to try to reproduce the problem given the result the first time.
I checked for firmware updates on the Archos web site and none were available when I checked.
the mp3 files on the unit as samples were all recorded with very low volume. My impression of the ear buds is they are what I would expect with a low end unit. Nothing impressive but not disappointing either.
The video on the unit was an avi format file. A animation which included a chipmunk smashing a butterfly with a rock and playing with the dead butterfly's wings... not a good choice in my opinion.
On all the included sample media I listened to the audio levels seemed very low. The video quality was OK. No video out of any sort.
The FM radio was preset to the European region. When I went into the FM settings to change these to USA settings and to auto-scan for stations I was in for more disappointment. I had to go back and change those settings again to get them to stick. The selection of FM stations with the headphones as the FM antenna was poor. I get a bunch of FM stations clearly but this unit only picked up a couple clearly. Most had very noticeable hiss and static. Hey, FM - no static at all? Huh? Manual tuning let me receive more stations but other than two, none very well.
I have an OLD Toshiba walkman clone (yes - a cassette player) with FM. I compared this 1980's player with the Archos 3oc FM. The Toshiba brought in good FM - most of the stations came in clearly, no static, some with noticeable hiss. Only manual tuning on that old thing, but compared to this new Archos device technology has not made positive progress over the years!
For me the FM was a nice feature until I tried to make it work. This was too bad.
I didn't try the voice recorder, so there might be a good possibility for some redeeming feature. I'm not losing sleep about not getting to this.
So one star is what I give this. I don't know about Archos other products but this one made a poor first impression on me.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Archos Vision 30c 4 GB Video MP3 Player with 3-Inch Touchscreen and FM Radio (Silver)
Showcasing a vibrant 3-inch touchscreen with vivid colors and amazing clarity, the Archos Vision 30c is a sleek solution for portable media entertainment. A lightweight design means the Vision 30c is small enough to fit in your pocket, while the intuitive interface makes it easier than ever to enjoy your music, movies, and photos on the go. Tune in to your favorite FM radio stations, or record them directly onto the player to listen to later. With 4 GB of storage and up to 13 hours of battery life, this player is designed to keep you entertained anywhere you go.
Slim, Light Body and 13-Hour Playback TimeCreated with maximum portability in mind, the Archos Vision 30c features a slim profile, measuring 3-9/10 by 2 by 3/10 inches (H x W x D), and weighs 1-9/10 ounces. The 3-inch touchscreen has a smooth, simple interface that allows you to effortlessly navigate through long lists of files. Delivering vivid colors, the Vision offers exceptional visual quality to complement its easy operation. A battery life of up to 13 hours ensures that you can use it all day long on a single charge.
4 GB Storage Capacity and FM StreamingThe Vision 30c offers 4 GB of storage, so you can take plenty of music with you wherever you go. Enjoy all of your favorite songs and podcasts with optimal sound thanks to an integrated audio equalizer. With song title and album cover view, you can immediately recognize your music. In addition to playing MP3 files, the Vision supports WAV, OGG, FLAC, and APE formats.
When you want a break from your music library, take advantage of the streaming FM radio option, which includes several station presets. Whether listening to local news, catching sports results, or enjoying some tunes, you'll appreciate the receiver's high-quality sound and reception.
Watch Video and Display Photos on 3-Inch ScreenEquipped with a 3-inch touchscreen with 320-by-400-pixel resolution, the Archos Vision is ideal for video and picture playback. You can easily store and display photos on the Vision to relive those special occasions and share your memories with family and friends. The device supports JPEG and BMP photo formats. Add a touch of atmosphere to your photos by creating your own soundtrack for a slideshow.
The Archos Vision is equipped to play AVI, MPEG-4, FLV, and RMVB video files. Thanks to a wide range of file compatibility, you can avoid the hassle of having to convert your video files before taking them with you. Ideal for traveling, the Vision can hold hours of video so you won't run out of things to watch.
The screen on the Archos Vision also displays text files (.TXT) and lyric files (.LRC) for your music, so you can sing along to all of your favorite songs.
Built-In Audio RecorderNeed to remember an important lecture or meeting, or want to capture a special occasion? With the Archos Vision 30c you can record it all. The Vision includes an internal microphone and ample storage space; record at any moment, store files on the device, and listen to them whenever you like. The Vision also allows you to record directly from FM radio, so you can enjoy that live DJ set or radio show time and time again.
Compatibility and Warranty InformationThe Archos Vision is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux (with mass storage support) operating systems. It uses USB 2.0 high-speed interface for data transfer and recharging--simply drag your files from your computer onto the Vision and you're ready to go.
The Archos Vision 30c is backed by a limited one-year warranty.
What's in the Box:Archos Vision 30c player, USB mini B/A cable, earphones, and user guide.
0 comments:
Post a Comment