Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I bought this MP3 player because I wanted to buy from an American company even though I've had great success with foreign models, i.e., Sansa, Sony, etc...
The Polaroid design is nice, the touch pad works OK, although my large fingers sometimes tap unwanted functions.
The biggest, and most aggravating, problem that I had was every time I would 'cut and paste' the music and books to the player, the player would have to regenerate the database upon USB removal and restart. I had 7 of the 8 gigs used and it took about 4-5 minutes to regenerate the database.
I contacted tech support (some lady from N.Y.)and asked about the problem and she was NO help. Giving short, almost condescending answers. I told her that my Sansa doesn't have to regenerate all the time and she told me that different players have different software. I knew that; but what I needed was some support from TECH SUPPORT.
After fooling with the player, I discovered that if I sync the player with Windows Media Player into the 'Music' folder, it will not have to regenerate the database. However, when I synced the books into the 'Record' file,to seperate the books from music, the regenerating problem reoccurred.
So, I've filled the player with music and it is working fine.
My daughter bought me a Sylvania 8 gig player and it is MUCH easier to use.
My recommendation is, sadly, don't buy the Polaroid. Unless the regeneration problem is resolved.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Polaroid 8GB Touch MP4 Player - Black
Click here for more information about Polaroid 8GB Touch MP4 Player - Black
0 comments:
Post a Comment