Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)It's a decent little gadget, for the price you pay. I bought this to replace an identical one that I dropped and the screen shattered.
It can work as a VERY simple ereader with free TXT files from Project Gutenberg, Archive.org and the like, since you can create bookmarks that will keep your place when you need to do something else. Not the best ereader, but it can certainly do in a pinch. It could also be used to store grocery lists or something, I'm sure.
It's VERY picky about movie formats. It does NOT play MP4 files, or WMV. Another review says it plays FLV files, but I haven't tried that. Though it says it accepts AVI files, it doesn't play ALL AVI files. I've found that it works best if I first convert the desired movie to WMV format with WinFF (a free program) and then use the Trio's software to convert the WMV to an AVI file that it will play. A bit annoying... but it does work. (The software, btw, is included on the device itself, in a folder called "Tools")
You can use either earphones/buds or the internal speaker to listen to music and video. It's a bit 'tinny', but not too bad. If you're expecting HD quality video with surround sound audio, it's not. But it gets the job done, and decently.
Since it can utilize .lrc files, you can watch/sing along with your favorite songs. I don't really care, but it's a nice feature to have.
Unlike many players, you can also create PLAYLISTS. I don't know how many players I've gone through that only let you play by artist and/or album! This one allows you (with the included software) to create a playlist of your favorite songs.
For "applications", it includes a stopwatch and a calculator. There is also a simple calendar that just lets you see what day of the week a certain day falls on: like the default Windows calendar.
The voice recorder is "okay". If all you want is a simple memo, it'll be fine. But the microphone clearly isn't the greatest.
I'm not sure about the battery life, but for travel you might want to invest in something like Amazon Kindle 2 (2nd Generation) USB Car Charger, USB Wall / Travel Charger, ... (although advertised for "Kindle", it should work to charge any USB device).
Besides English, you can switch the interface language to Traditional or Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, and Italian.
This product clearly tries very hard to be an iPod replacement. Having never had the newest iPods, I can't really say if it succeeds or not. But, despite the quirks, if you're looking for a fairly decent media player that will accept microSD cards, you could do a whole lot worse at $40.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Mach Trio T2800 4 GB MP4 Player with 2.8-Inch Display and Micro SD Slot
0 comments:
Post a Comment